Sunday, June 13, 2010

giving and receiving

My birthday was in April but due to many things I've just received this awesome present last week:

Washi masking tape!!!

Today I put it into use:

I forgot to take a before picture, but imagine the lid and the button of this sunglasses case were of the green colour you see on the above picture.

I managed to cover them all! No more green plastic case around :)

Also, yesterday I sewed this bib for a friend in Japan:

I used the instructions from Mai, which was easy enough, but I think I've chosen a too-thick towel material for this project...and I don't have any Sashiko threads for embroidering (not to mention that I've never done any real embroidery before), hence the rather unfriendly face of this bear - you do can tell that it's a bear, right? Right??

I hope her baby won't cry when she sees it...

2 comments:

  1. OMG, You haven't posted for a long while! I've been wondering what you've been up to!!

    I like how you decorate your sunglasses case with masking tape! :) how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jo: yes I know, I've been so busy lately it's unbelievable! I'm working full-time now (I was freelancing then XD) so there's so little time for blogging, I miss it so much! I haven't visited other blogs for a while, too (> <)

    Thanks! I loooove masking tapes. I'm so happy we can finally get them in Germany, too!

    ReplyDelete