Wednesday, February 6, 2013

fashion diet 2012

VILA t-shirt  //  MANGO shirt  //  ZARA cardigan
MANGO belt  //  I AM earrings 

It all started when I heard about the 1 Dress 365 Days project. One girl wore the same dress for one year long, only pepped with different accessories each day. The result was amazing. So as in March 2012 I suddenly realised that I hadn't yet bought any clothes, I decided to challenge myself not to buy any at all in 2012 (well, other than my wedding dress).

And sure enough, I won the challenge. By not buying any clothes in one year I was forced to be creative, to mix and match, and to really reconsider my collection. Now what did I learn from it?
  • I have too many clothes. I couldn't even wear all of them within a year. 
  • I tend to only wear my favourite pieces. There are not enough of them.
  • There are many pieces that don't match my current style anymore. I didn't realised that, because until then, I didn't even know what my style was.

The challenge has helped me understand, that just because something look good on me, it doesn't mean that it (still) suits me.  So when the year turned 2013 I promised myself only to bring items I will definitely love into my closet. My definition of a favourite piece is when I want to wear it so much that I don't want to wash it and wait until it's clean again. My goal is to fill my closet only with that kind of clothes.

The three pieces on the picture above were one my first clothing items this year. So far, I must force myself to wash them. I love them so much.

Do you think you can survive one year without buying any clothes?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment