Tuesday, February 23, 2010

bali restaurant

I'm back in Berlin!
I was visiting my boyfriend in Munich last weekend. There are a lot of pictures to show, but they still need some editing, so in the meantime I'll show you something else.

Two weeks ago when my boyfriend was in Berlin we went to an Indonesian restaurant called Bali. The owners are our friends' parents. They serve traditional, non-germanized Indonesian food, so the Indonesian people here love to come there.

The atmosphere is cozy, with lots of traditional decoration and, of course, traditional music. The food is super delicious not overpriced at all.

This was my appetizers: spring roll with salad - yes, spring rolls were originated in China, but like many other countries, Indonesia has also adopted them :)

What I had: Nasi Padang. Nasi means cooked rice (we have different words for rice on the field, uncooked and cooked rice) and Padang is the capital city of West Sumatra, a province in Indonesia. Padang is famous for its hot and spicy food, and this dish was rather hot, too. Yummm...I would really like to find out how the Germans would react to this dish!

What my boyfriend had: Nasi Campur Bali. Campur can be translated as mixed, so the dish is literally called 'Balinese mixed rice'. I took a little bite from everything on his plate, and this dish was also delicious ♥

If you come to Berlin and would like to try out Indonesian food, just drop me a line. I'd love to take you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment