Thursday, March 25, 2010

my creative space - summer dress

In the last few sessions of my sewing course, I had worked on a summer dress.
I didn't have a pattern for this dress, it's basically assembled from 3 rectangles and a curvy trapezium (it's rather hard to explain...). I used a gather method, so it was a lot of fabric! Also, I couldn't finish the dress in the sewing course, so I had to do the finishing at home, with my mini machine.

This was how my tiny working table looked while I attached the last lace...
...the dress was like a monster, swallowing my whole table!

The finished dress.




Surprise! It can also be worn as a skirt!

Ta-daa!

I'm happy about how it turned out. I was so worried I wouldn't be able to wear it in summer since I couldn't finish it in the sewing course. Thank goodness for my mini machine!

See more creative spaces at kootoyoo!

12 comments:

  1. Lex...
    rok nya imut banget... eh, elo kursus disitu diajarin bikin pola juga?? atau bikin langsung aja??

    -vivi-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer dress is sooooooooooooo pretty
    like really really pretty><

    よくできましたね!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @vivi: danke vi (^^)
    di kursus itu modelnya elo bawa proyek sendiri, terus entar dibantuin, jadi tergantung elonya. gue buat dress ini pake pola ngarang, dan karena kebanyakan cuma segi 4 doang jadinya gak pake pola kertas, lgs digambar di kainnya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jo: hahah...your comment is cute XD ありがとう!
    I'm so glad I made it pretty much on time before my course ended (> <;
    Oh, and for this dress I learned how to use an overlocker! Wow, it's very convenient, and now I want one, too! (no way, waaaay too expensive XD)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NIIIICEEE!!! bagus lexx! romantis sekali dressnya... i wish i had your hands! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nteph: danke danke! hahah romantis ya? lumayan sekali2 jadi princess gitu, kikikik...ayo blajar jait! seru lho! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sweet ... the colour is so fresh and pretty and the lace sets is off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dress - I cant believe how little your sewing machine is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Susan: thank you! It took me a long time to find that fabric, but it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Trudi: thank you! Yes, it's almost a miniature, so you see why I couldn't have finished the whole dress with that machine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciao!
    Your dress is beautiful!
    Kisses from Italy
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Christina: thank you to Italy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete