Wednesday, March 3, 2010

my creative space

Jo from Chubby* Hobby has inspired me to play along with My Creative Space at kootoyoo.
So here's what I've been working on lately and finally finished last night:

A fabric cover for my "everything book": it's where I noted everything I think is important for that moment: notes to self, ideas, sometimes even shopping lists...

It started with this simple MUJI notebook...

...doubled with thick cardboard for more firmness.
(I made the fabric cover a bit too small to I had to trim the paper cover a bit...)

The button on the securing elastic band is for extra cuteness :)

10 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous. I love the apple button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. :) I have been meaning to make a cover for my diary since I got it. Perhaps by the end of the year.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful ... fabrics, colours, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kristy: thank you! I love the apple button, too! I wish I could remember which ebay seller I had it from...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vic: thank you! I'm looking forward to see your version ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Susan: I'm glad you like the composition, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex! I'm glad you are playing along as well!! Lovely journal cover!!!
    Fabric choice is fantastic.. and especially the apple button!!! chou kawaii!!!!><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, I like the simplicity and the materials choices you made. Welcome to the Creative Space game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jo: yes! Thank you for the inspiration!! And thank you, I'm glad you like the journal cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @june at noon: thank you! Japanese simple design has always been my inspiration. Btw, your real name is very German :)

    ReplyDelete